WHĪTIKI NGATI POROU – COVID VACCINATION CAMPAIGN 2021 FACTS SHEET
- What is Whītiki Ngāti Porou ? Is an initiative to promote covid vaccination to East Coast starting, Saturday 13 November 2021. Whītiki were the words uttered by 28 Battalion C Coy soliders during battle in the WWII, whītiki means to bind!
- What is going to happen ? Pilots from the East Coast and other places will fly their aircraft to Ruatoria, Te Araroa and Tolaga Bay. Each aircraft will have the names of C Coy soldiers inscribed on the 10 aircraft. Ngāti Porou Hauora staff will vaccinate whanau.
- Why C Coy (company) ? C Coy soliders were respected by their opponents, their service to defend and protect us from the tyranny of the time was, simply outstanding. The courage and committment of those soldiers and now its your turn.
We want you to get vaccinated to protect your whanau, hapu and the future Ngati Porou generations from the tyranny of covid.
- Where are the planes coming from and what time do they arrive? Wellington/Paraparaumu, Hawkes Bay, Te Awamutu and Gisborne. The first stop is Ruatoria aerodrome at 10.am, Te Araroa at 12.pm and Tolaga Bay at 2.30pm.
- What else will be happening at the aerodromes besides vaccinations?
Brannigan Kaa and his band will entertain whanau, you can take pics of your whanau in front of the aircraft baring the name of your tipuna.
- What do I need to do to get a vaccination at these events? Email Hayely (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your detals to make a booking. BOOK NOW!
- Where can I get more information about this? Listen out for updates on Radio Ngāti Porou, check out their website and Facebook pages.
WHĪTIKI NGĀTI POROU AND GET VACCINATED!