From Monday 18 May, more people can visit their loved ones in Gisborne Hospital.
• Visiting hours are between 2pm-5pm only.
• A maximum of one visitor per patient, at any one time, is allowed. This is restricted to close family.
• Visiting is restricted to one visitor only per day in high-risk areas including the Emergency Department and intensive care. In other areas, a maximum of 3 visitors per day (one at a time ) is permitted.
• Visitors may only visit one patient per visit to Gisborne Hospital.
• Due to the continued need for physical distancing, a maximum of 10 people only, can be in a room at any one time.
• You will be screened and your contact details are taken on arrival to the ward you are visiting.
• In Planet Sunshine (Children’s Ward), a parent/caregiver is permitted to visit at any time.
• One support person only will be permitted for maternity visits. This person will be allowed to be present throughout the labour and birth, until postnatal discharge. The support person will also be permitted to leave the unit once per day. The support person must be a close family member.
Visiting restrictions are still necessary at Gisborne Hospital to protect our patients and staff,
Wherever possible, we encourage families to stay in touch with patients virtually through FaceTime, phone and other apps. Free wifi is available at Gisborne Hospital for this purpose.
There are now two entries at Gisborne Hospital that are open to the public.
• Visitors are asked to enter the hospital via the main entrance – not through ED/Outpatients.
• You must clean your hands on arrival.
• Exceptions are visitors to Tui Te Ora (for dialysis and chemotherapy) and Ward 11/Te Whare Awhiora and Maternity which have their own entrances.
Please note that discretion around visiting a critically unwell patient sits with the Charge Nurse Manager. If you are planning to visit someone critically unwell, please call ahead on 06-869 0500 to arrange.
Gisborne Hospital remains a safe place during Alert Level 2. Please help us to keep it that way. If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit patients at Gisborne Hospital.