He iwi e kotahi ona i roto i ona reo, ona tikanga me ana matauranga. Through the promotion and retention of its language, knowledge and practices, Ngati Porou will remain strong.
Our Focus, Our People
Radio Ngati Porou covers an area that has a population of nearly 44 thousand people, around 20 thousand being of Maori Heritage.
Our target audiences are the Ngati Porou East Coast residents, those of Ngati Porou descent and expatriate East Coast residents in Gisborne; a group we have identified through our research as numbering nearly 12 thousand people.
Although our broadcasts are predominantly for people of Ngati Porou, our content on many of our programs caters for the wider audience and all listeners in general.
Extensive Experience & Skill
Radio Ngati Porou broadcasts on 585AM, 98.5FM on the East Coast, 89.3FM in Tikitiki, 105.3 in Te Araroa, 106.5FM in Tokomaru Bay, 90.5FM in Tolaga Bay and 93.3FM in Gisborne. Radio Ngati Porou is the only radio station that broadcasts to the entire Gisborne/East Coast region.
Radio Ngati Porou has extensive experience developing and producing radio advertising solutions and strategies for business clients, retail, corporate and community groups and organizations.
Radio Ngati Porou has also managed and co-ordinated national advertising campaigns via the Iwi Radio Network of 22 Iwi Radio Stations around the country.
- To produce programming content which celebrates Ngati Poroutanga
- To ensure quality access and connectivity to RNP broadcasts and services
- Kia noho ai te Reo Irirangi o Ngati Porou hei taonga whakaora, whakaputa ano hoki i nga reo o Ngati Porou ki tona iwi
- Kia noho te reo irirangi hei pataka korero, hei kaitieki ano hoki i nga taonga tuku iho
- To drive consistent sustainable economic and financial growth